It has been a fairytale ending for media darling Kate Hawkesby and NewstalkZB host Mike Hosking who have tied the knot in an intimate ceremony with just 37 guests.
The couple met 15 years ago when they hosted TVNZ’s Breakfast show but didn’t enter into a relationship until both their marriages ceased 13 years later, they told the Woman’s Day.
The personalities announced their engagement in 2010 after Hosking publicly presented Hawkesby with a five-carat diamond ring.
The couple wed at a small, family-only ceremony on January 25 at the exclusive Alan Pye Cottage at Huka Falls in Taupo.
Hosking wore a Versace suit while Hawkesby wore a short, white Trelise Cooper gown, hand-embroidered in India.
The couple were surrounded by their five children, from previous marriages, who took part in the ceremony and their families who attended as guests.
The children all gave a reading during the service and the couple exchanged vows after a wine ceremony.
Hosking told the Woman’s Day he is more in love today than ever.
”I’ve never felt better about life and life’s future,” he said. ”Katie makes our home a home, and home is the most important place in the world.”
– Popular band Midnight Youth kick-started the event with their track Golden Love.
– Hosking wore a Versace suit with a Hugo Boss tie.
– Hawkesby wore a champagne duchess silk satin dress, with a silk chiffon train and ivory bridal shoes with Swarovski crystals.
– Hawkesby wears a three-carat platinum ring in pave set band and Hosking has a platinum band with nine diamonds.
– Hawkesby carried a bouquet of swan lake calla lilies, green hypercium berries and mini Vivienne spray roses.
– © Fairfax NZ News