Your Guide to a Customized Indian Wedding
This blog is all about bespoke products, services and experiences and I always strive to provide my readers with valuable inputs on business ideas, strategies, branding and customer relationship management. I also review a number of businesses and providing readers with leads on how and where they can find customized products and services is my constant endeavor.
The Big Fat Indian Wedding just got bigger and better and with that the scale of celebrations, style, glamour quotient and the oomph factor got even bigger and better. From invites to food and looking good everything about your wedding can be customized the way you like it.
An Indian wedding is a time for family, bonhomie, celebrations and traditions and I thought it would be nice to write a series of posts to help you organize your very own one of a kind Big Fat Indian wedding…
Custom Made Wedding Cards
Let’s start with the invites, the hunt for exclusive wedding invites that make people sit up and really take notice is perhaps the first step to creating hype about your wedding.
Divya’s Attic based in Ahmedabad is the place to head to for innovative wedding invitations. Divya Agarwal is known for her eye for detail and quest for perfection in creating customized gifts and doing that for weddings is her forte.
A puppet bag with a party invitation, a 3D cake with an invite and a bottle with goodies and the invitation are just some options for your wedding and party invites at Divya’s Attic.
Everytime i try to get my sims married on the sims 2 they always change into those plain maxis outfits. Is there any way to keep them in custom wedding outfits while getting married under the arch?
Set the custom wedding outfits as your Sims’ formal outfits rather than their everyday. To do this simply click on one of your Sim’s dressers (if they don’t have one you can buy one from the Buy Catalog – it’s available under Misc. Objects) and say ‘Plan Outfit.
I need a cheap wedding dress asap my wedding is this Sunday. Any ideas?
1. David’s Bridal is having the $99 sale. If possible go to one of their stores because they will have different stuff than what is listed online. Here is the link to their sale http://www.davidsbridal.com/sale_return.jsp?gp=164&sp=sales
2. Target.com http://www.target.com/Bridal-Women/b?node=16033001 they have pretty nice dresses but you will need to order (most likely). All of them are under $200 and they have some on sale (the pic doesn’t do this dress justice) pair it with a sash to spice it up http://www.target.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Target-Faille-Trapunto/dp/B000YA29M8
5. Check the mall stores. You may find a white prom dress you like. There is a mall near me (Lewisville TX) that has a bridal store and they have dresses for very reasonable prices. Check out the malls in your area you might get lucky.
6. There are several websites offering gowns for cheap they are based in China. Mostly they are legit but there is no way you can get a gown by Sunday going this route.
7. Consignment shops
8. JcPenney http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/SearchDepartment.aspx?SearchString=wedding dress&JSEnabled=&mscssid=6a5c8669633cc412aa2d31294a7d79ea1xMnVNoV5a1WxMnVNoV5a1o200B0D079E408704169279F4BB803BC9F0A50826020&cmResetCat=true&hdnOnGo=false
9. Macy’s – http://www1.macys.com/search/index.ognc?SearchTarget=*&Keyword=white dress&KEYWORD_GO_BUTTON.x=0&KEYWORD_GO_BUTTON.y=0&KEYWORD_GO_BUTTON=KEYWORD_GO_BUTTON
11. Dillards – http://www.dillards.com/endeca/EndecaStartServlet?Ntt=wedding dress&Ntk=all&search.x=0&N=1000410&Nty=1&search.y=0
../Formal.’ The option should come up to decide your Sim’s formal outfit. Select your wedding dress and then marry off your Sim.
Or if this doesn’t work then just have your Sims get married anyway just not the fancy way – simply have your Sim click on his/her fiance and select ‘Propose…/Marriage.’ This will cause them to get married on the spot (unless for some reason the fiance rejects marriage – usually a common occurrence with Romance Sims) in whatever clothes they’re wearing.
This will still keep the party meter up if you intend for the Sims to have a wedding party btw.
Check out her portfolio at divyasattic.com
Bollywood Themed Customized Wedding Invites and Posters
If you are a Bollywood aficionado and are looking to turn your star spangled dreams to reality then getting hand painted wedding cards featuring the bride and groom in Bollywood film poster style would be a great idea.
You could also get any of the following to create the perfect setting for a Bollywood theme wedding:
- Mural painting for the walls
- Large hand-painted billboards
- Super-sized paintings/portraits
- Indian Ethnic portraits
You Can Get your very own Slice of Bollywood magic by calling (+91) 08080822022 or writing in to
The exchange of gifts among the families of the bride and groom is a custom that is an intrinsic part of an Indian wedding. the bride’s trousseau is often laid out for display for friends and family to see and that’s why innovative packing is high on most people’s wish list.
Customized theme based packing for weddings is also undertaken at Divya’s Attic. her wrappings are luxurious, very elegant and innovative, made with material like handmade paper, tissue, silk, brocade and satin
To order handmade cards, customized gifts and for trousseau packing needs get in touch with
Check out her portfolio at divyasattic.com
Coming up next…resources for henna designs, beauty treatments and makeovers for the bride!
Share and Enjoy:
- Customized Gifts, Wedding Cards and Trousseau Packing from Divya Agarwal
- Get your Custom Made Bollywood Poster at Indian Hippy
- Why “Standardized” is Passé and “Customized” is In
- How to Create Visibility for your Customized Business: 5 Winning Tactics
- Designer Cakes with an Indian Twist at Designer’s Cake Shop, Mumbai